Wednesday 19 December 2012

An Alternative Christmas Break

Having started this blog to keep track of my adventures in 2013 I'm now going to start it properly with an adventure to see out 2012!  I have decided to attempt the Rahpa Festive 500.  When I go out on my bike I use an app called Strava.  Every now and again they have a challenge on there and when this one came up I thought why not!  The challenge is to ride 500km (310 miles) starting on Christmas Eve and finishing on New Years Eve.  It's a big ask and it might not even be possible, especially if we have some bad weather but I'll give it a go none the less.  I'll also have my cycling buddy Paul with me along the way so at least I won't be the only mad one out on the bike when I should be enjoying a turkey sandwich or some other variation of left over turkey!  I'll post an update after each ride to let you know how it's going and I'll even try and take a picture or 2 as well!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Not a very relaxing Christmas break but at least you'll cycle off the Christmas day dinner!

    ReplyDelete