Tuesday 1 January 2013

Festive 500 Conclusion


Firstly, Happy New Year to you all.

I just wanted to do a quick update on the Festive 500.  As I’m sure you’ve guessed by the lack of posts on here that I didn’t complete the challenge.  In fact, I haven’t been out on my bike since my last update.  I feel a little bit disappointed about it because it was something I wanted to do but in the end I took a longer term look at things.  Training for my first half marathon in March had to come first and it was no good going into the new year exhausted from the bike rides with a lot of hard running training to come.  My decision to not continue riding over the Christmas break also means that I have had a little bit of a rest and I have already been out for my first run of the year, something I wouldn’t have been able to do otherwise.  I’ve also had to experience the disappointment that failing the challenge has brought and this will no doubt spur me on to do well in everything I’ve got planned for this year.  So now the hard process of transforming me from a 5km at a push kind of “plodder” into a half marathon runner begins.  This should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment